Our client seeks Full Stack Java Software Engineers to build high quality enterprise Java applications. Our client will allow for Remote work if you reside in Tennessee! You may need to be in Knoxville from time-to-time post-COVID. A very strong software development background is a must.
- You will be expected to design, develop, and unit test production quality software with other team members in an Agile environment where teams are focused on delivering innovative technical solutions to solve complex business problems.
- You will be an evangelist for best practices and collaborate with others on process enhancements and development tools to increase the effectiveness of the Software Engineering team.
- The team heavily embrace open source technologies and you should be capable of identifying relevant technologies and standards.
- Successful team members have a true passion for developing innovative technology solutions, are strong problem solvers, and results-oriented
- Work on an Agile team building enterprise applications which support the day-to-day operations of Client
- Participate in discussions to define requirements which will improve current products
- Work through the entire technology stack to define innovative technical solutions for business problems
- Write new software and perform technical integrations as needed
- Define innovative and creative UI technical solutions for business problems
- Follow an Agile process and defined engineering best practices to execute projects on the Technology Roadmap
- Work on major product features with enterprise integrations of high complexity
You’ll shine in this position because you:
- Show a passion for technology
- Enjoy working in an Agile team to design and implement sophisticated software to solve complex problems
- Can apply solid architectural principles and design patterns in any software implementation
- Have strong Object-Oriented skills, but can work efficiently across any programming language
- Have wizard like UI skills and can create fantastic and friendly user experiences
- Love to review and track external technologies, products, and emerging standards to remain updated on the current state of industry
- At least a B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer
- Strong programming skills and intimate knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Experience with Web Service technologies (REST, etc.)
- Strong SQL skills and experience with Oracle
- Experience using Agile methodologies, including Test Driven Development
- Solid Object-Oriented experience in Java
- Solid SQL skills and experience with Oracle
- Experience with Unix-based operating systems (Linux, CentOS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of application servers; Tomcat or otherwise. Working knowledge of code repositories and build systems (e.g., Git, Subversion, Maven, and Jenkins)
Technical environment: Java 8, Oracle 12c, Spring, Spring Boot, and Angular 9.