Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Tech Lead for Data Engineering
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, 28202
Term: 12 months
- This senior role which will oversee multiple delivery teams within the Agile SCRUM model
- Will oversee two primary applications:
- The first application provides Governance & Operations dashboarding and workflow for analytic discovery environments. It is a full stack application with a ReactJS front-end, Java Microservices, and SQL Server/Teradata/Splunk data repositories
- The second application supports inventory and user activity monitoring for legacy sandboxes on the Teradata, SQL Server, and SAS platforms. It is primary a Data Warehouse for use by a data management group responsible for risk remediation and case management
- Will play a key role in the transition to internal and external cloud services.
- Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Leads projects, allocates resources and mentors less experienced staff
- Analyzes high level, complex business requirements, designs and writes technical documents to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Maintains broad knowledge of other technology engineering disciplines and collaborating with other key experts to ensure we are making the right technology choices for the client.
- Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Responsible for being an expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others with the goal of knowledge transfer.
- Represents the Company to external industry groups, influencing industry standards.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience in some combination of Java/ReactJS/Relational Databases/ Big Data platforms
- 10+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise-wide information technology solutions
- 7+ years of Agile SCRUM experience
- 5+ Direct or indirect management of applications and development teams
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile SCRUM development projects
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with senior management
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills