Our client is looking for a talented Back End Java Developer for a 6 month contract opportunity in Fort Worth, TX!
This job is a member of the Technology and Transformation Team within the Information Technology Division.
Responsible for design and implement backend of the developer experience portal, Developer Runway. Developer Runway streamlines development environment from end to end, automate infrastructure build and configuration to allow developers to focus on delivering business value.
- Collaborates with leaders, business analysts, project managers, IT architects, technical leads, and other developers, along with internal customers, to understand requirements and develop needs according to business requirements
- Design user interactions on web pages
- Design and develop back end service and APIs
- Ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Integrate UI code with backend services through API
- Troubleshoots and debugs complex issues
- Supports the development of coding standards and adheres to best practices and security guidelines
- Works closely with software architects and technical leads to ensure decisions meet long-term enterprise growth needs
- Create documentation and release notes
- Follow CI/CD best practices
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Proficient in back-end coding.
- Experience with React framework required; experience with Angular JS nice-to-have
- Strong working experience with server-side languages such as Java, Python, Ruby
- Good working knowledge of API development. Typescript, Node JS, REST API, JSON
- Good knowledge of relational databases. Familiarity with database technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Working experience using Git in continuous integration and continuous delivery environment.
- Cloud experience with docker container and Kubernetes is required
- Experience in Agile methodologies, such as SCRUM
- A team player who works and communicates well with technical and non-technical resources. Need to have excellent oral and written communication skills and possess the ability to work with limited direction while being highly productive.
Preferred Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years of hands-on development experience
- 3 years of professional, design, and open-source experience
- 3 years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience designing, developing and implementing large-scale applications in hosted production en