Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: OpenFin Developer
Location: New York, NY
Term: 24 months
- 10% meeting, 20-30% working with delivery team, 50% development
- Leads, designs, develops, test and implements applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolve coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Responsible for defining opportunities across IT to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Ensures that systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Mentor and train other members of the team.
- Partner with Management, Dev, QA, production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
- Focuses on building relevant capabilities in the organization to keep pace with demand and best practices in the industry.
- Manage vendor/contractor partnerships to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs using Agile development practices.
- Restricted to niche domains: such as Capital Markets, Quants, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning.
- Leads implementation of complex projects/initiatives on above domain.
- Understands and leads the team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Expected to mentor team members.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Minimum 7 years of overall experience
- 5 years of full stack development
- Front End – OpenFin
- Middle - .NET Core, C#
- Backend - .NET Core, database oracle and Teradata
- Ideally 5-6 years of experience of Capital Markets experience with valuations and risk metrics for Fixed Income assets, Structured Notes, Swaps, Corporates and Munis
- Cloud experience (Cloud Foundry preferred, Azure secondary)
- Full stack development experience (ability to move between microservices and OpenFin UI development
- Experience being part of an Agile delivery team
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quants, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- Mortgage Backed Securities
- Experience with Asset/Liability Management concepts
- Cloud Foundry
- Systems Integration experience with vendor valuation/risk platforms – Polypaths
- A Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- TypeScript (3 years)
- ReactJS (3 years)
- Java (4+ years)