Full Stack Developer (Kafka/Python)
San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
The Full Stack Developer will be responsible for developing streaming services, web API solutions on top of existing database structures, UI. The developer will interact with business users, development and testing teams in planning, developing business requirements, API documentation, test cases and test scripts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a technical resource on best practices for API development, with a primary focus on REST-style APIs
- Serve as a technical resource on building event-driven systems that bridge the gap between asynchronous and synchronous operations
- Design and develop data movement and transformation using Python and SQL stored procedures
- Enable data visualization for business users via REST APIs and Angular
- The ability to iteratively develop reporting and data solutions in an agile fashion
- Maintain API solutions and changes for both the API and underlying Databases
- Deliver working and tested software solutions using test driven development methodologies to meet release schedules for all products
- Must have strong knowledge of API lifecycle management platforms
- Role would also involve supporting the APIs developed after they are deployed in production
- Engage and direct business partners and subject matter experts to identify priorities, scope, and requirements for complex business problems
- Provide documentation (Technical Specifications, Production Support, API documentation, test scripts etc.) for all projects.
- Respond quickly to bug fixes and enhancement requests and be able to take directions and complete tasks on-time with minimal supervision.
- 3-5 years of experience in API development and implementation
- Must have hands-on experience developing using stream processing services such as Kafka, Spark Streaming and etc.
- Expertise in operational data stores and real time data integration
- Must have hands-on experience designing, building and supporting RESTful APIs and micro services
- MEAN stack experience is a must (MongoDB, Express, Angular, Node.js).
- Experience with Snowflake and Denodo.
- Demonstrated experience writing secure, efficient, reusable and testable code. Experience with TDD a plus.
- Familiar with the full SDLC and with production support experience
- Have experience in DevOps stack (CI & CD) and other dependency management and build tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Ant and Ivy
- Experience working on cloud solutions a plus
- Agile experience preferred