Title: Fraud Specialist
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duties and Responsibilities
- a Fraud Specialist, you are responsible for providing extraordinary service to our internal and external clients. The position is responsible for processing incoming ATM and Visa Debit card dispute and fraud claims in compliance with Regulation E and Visa or PIN Network requirements. In this role, you will act as an advocate for our clients and identify all viable solutions to remedy claims in the client’s favor with minimal losses to the Bank, while responding to a high volume of phone calls, emails, faxes, and written requests for service. This position will provide support for all day-to-day operations.
What you’ll do as a Fraud Specialist:
- Primary Duties: processing and reconciling customer disputes, posting chargeback debit card charges, maintaining documentation of chargebacks, and updating reports when necessary.
- Provide general telephone and email support for preferred banking offices.
- Completion of research requests, subpoenas for records and bank by mail processing.
- Daily tasks include: Prepping and posting of Card Claims. Monitoring and updating claims with merchant responses, debiting clients for valid claims, Identifying Fraud trends.
- Responsibilities include the following:
- Adhering to and complying with the applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, US Patriot Act, Regulation E, etc.
- Adhering to Bank policies and procedures
- Completing required training and certifications
- Identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
You'll be a great fit if you have:
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and risk management skills required.
- Project management experience is desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must.
- Familiarity with FED procedures and guidelines as well as a basic knowledge of the in-clearing process a plus.
- Preferred candidate will have Visa, Star and Accel/Charge back experience or knowledge.
- Prior ATM or Card Services Operations experience preferred.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and experience in banking/financial services regulatory compliance.
- Must be able to work independently, efficiently, and possess excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- A strong sense of urgency and superior client service skills.
- Must be flexible and able to change direction quickly.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential information and has the judgement to escalate issues when appropriate.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now