Work for the Worlds #1 Brand!
Position: Fluidics Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA, 30313
Term: 12 months
- Develop, refine and optimize coffee, foamed milk, syrup, ice, auto cleaning and associated measurement and monitoring subsystems
- Test, validate and improve designs for performance, quality, food safety and other key product parameters
- Interface with manufacturing, suppliers, procurement, regulatory and CM to optimize cost and availability
- Collaborate on design of the mechanical systems of a foodservice/beverage unit, with primary responsibility for fluidics and thermal management.
- Capable of working across boundaries to understand customer needs, to design and improve world-leading products, as they are assessed & launched using a stage-gate process.
- Competence at 3D authoring software (CREO preferred) and change management software (Windchill preferred)
- Competent at fundamentals of quality planning/design for reliability, including DFMEA, test planning, test execution, instrumentation, and data analysis;
- Proficient at technical communication.
- Can communicate cross-functionally, including other engineer organizations (software, electrical) as well as with non-technical personnel
- Competent at gathering user requirements, determine specifications, designing product to meet specification, designing for manufacturability
- Fundamental understanding of business decision making, including NPV, IRR, and/or other financial justification means
- Competence using formal tools like 8D/A3/DMAIC to conduct disciplined rigorous problem solving
- Experience with embedded software and electronics preferred
- Matlab and/or LabView experience preferred.
- BSME, BSAeroE, BS Biomedical Eng, or BS Mechantronics Eng from ABET-accredited engineering program; MSME or MSAeroE preferred.