Full-time role - 100% REMOTE
Job Description Summary
Responsible for overseeing mortgage loan activities such as processing and closing. Ensures balance between growth objectives and credit quality objectives of the Bank. Detects problems and develops solutions in a proactive manner. Monitors customer service standards by assisting with operational problem resolution. Manages employees by setting and assessing performance goals and establishing work schedules/priorities. Responsible for ensuring that the Bank complies with required laws and regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures that the unit's operating procedures are in compliance with the approved policies/procedures of the Bank and with applicable regulations.
- Supervises desktop underwriting analysts processing and closing teams to achieve department and corporate goals and meet customer needs.
- Assists in the development/implementation of customer service standards. Provides written reports on service standards (including turnaround time).
- Recommends new policies and procedures to improve overall efficiencies.
- Ensures that all data is input into the system accurately and timely including that all applications have met regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for overseeing the training of new Desktop Underwriting Analyst, Processors and Closers to ensure accurate and consistent work flows are communicated.
- Communicates regularly with Mortgage Banker (MB) regarding complex loan transactions. Resolve non-routine inquiries to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Communicates regularly with Area Sales Managers (ASM) regarding changes in the industry and operations center to ensure smooth flow between MB's and employees in operations center. Maintains quality/quantity standards. Keeps informed of trends and developments in local real estate markets as well as changing rules/regulations pertaining to both private, insured mortgages, FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, VA and RD. Keeps informed of rules and regulations as they pertain to RESPA, HMDA, Fair Lending Practices and all compliance regulations. Supervises employees through selection, training, performance appraisal and work allocation. Provides direct back up for subordinates in desktop underwriting, processing and closing. Reviews loan packages for completeness and accuracy. May assist in the pre-qualification of loans. Creates and maintains follow-up procedures.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Typically requires broad job knowledge of technical or operational practices within assigned discipline.
- Requires 5-7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated management.
- Effective negotiation.
- PC proficiency
- Developed presentation.
- Team building.
- Proven written and verbal communication.
- Planning and organizing.
- Bank product and service knowledge.
- Analytical and research.
- Compile statistics, prepare forecasts and recommendations.
- Decision making.
- Quality of Service.