Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Our client is one of the world's largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies. Come be a part of how digitalization, globalization, urbanization, demographic change, and climate change are transforming our world.
Position: Fire Alarm Engineer
Location: Tampa, Florida 33614
Term: 10 Months
- Works with the sales team to understand project specifications and needs of the customer and may participate in job site walk-throughs.
- Designs general systems for facilities which, depending on the system type, may include mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, valve and damper schedules, fire alarm detection and notification layout, various security system devices, readers, etc., and control panel layouts.
- Interprets/designs sequences of operations to identify hardware and logic requirements for systems.
- Modifies sequences as required.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Participate and make decisions on product selection.
- Performs Quality Assurance of material selection and suitability.
- Makes recommendations related to productivity improvement and cost reduction to increase customer satisfaction and increase profitability of jobs.
- Follows up with sales and management to ensure job scope, specifications and schematics meet customer needs.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager for more complex projects used in commissioning and validation.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of sales estimates and job layouts.
- Performs peer review of engineering documents.
- Mentors, trains and directs design activities of Jr Design Engineers and Assistants.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Minimum of Associates Degree in business related technology or related field/equivalent experience.
- AutoCAD 2017 or newer experience required.
- 5 years of experience or more as Fire Alarm Engineer required.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- NICET Level III.
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals, fire or security system, and business operations.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!