Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Financial Systems Engineer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, 28202
Term: 12 months
- Will support Tier 1 projects and Compliance/Regulatory efforts on FX Calypso
- Will also support Calypso upgrades, and migration of FX accounting to CDBO application.
- Will work closely with business and technology partners to determine requirements, identify/prioritize, and resolve any queries.
- Provide testing support where needed through automated and manual testing.
- Will support and enhance/test Calypso accounting processes, reporting, confirm generation, and related end of day scheduled tasks.
- Troubleshoot production issues and work with team members for effective resolution of issues.
- Will work directly with users to identify/prioritize and resolve.
- Support Calypso vendor upgrades time to time
- Development/testing of software – 40%, Supporting environments and DevOps – 30%, Meetings (scrum/team/partners) – 10%, User queries/ prod issues – 20%
- Leads, designs, develops, test and implements applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolves coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Responsible for defining opportunities across IT to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Ensures that systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Mentors and trains other members of the team.
- Partners with Management, Dev, QA, production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
- Focuses on building relevant capabilities in the organization to keep pace with demand and best practices in the industry.
- Manages vendor/contractor partnerships to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Operates in restricted to niche domains: such as Capital Markets, Quants, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning.
- Leads implementation of complex projects/initiatives on above domain.
- Understands and leads the team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentors lower level team members.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 6 + years of Java
- 2+ years of Oracle
- 2+ years Linux
- 1+ years CICD
- QA Automation tools
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quantitative trading, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- 1+ years of Calypso
- QA Automation tools
- Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions