Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Build and Release Engineer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, 28202
Term: 11 months
- Manage the creation, build, upgrade, support and sunset for all lower and prod/bcp Application environment, including our cross platform application servers ( linux & windows) , database, file systems, data storages, user permission, hardware provision etc.
- Identify, debug and resolve any application issues related to environments.
- Supply, provision and manage all Application Environment Requirements from the whole teams.
- Document and maintain team confluence site all platform related information.
- Address all requirements related to allocation of application environments, migrations, shared usage, software upgrades, service level agreements, patching, decommissioning etc.
- Participate and management regular business functional releases, as well as corporate required platform related release such as BCP releases and all tasks associated with it
- Support, manage all aspects of the application CI/CD tasks from client enterprise pipeline toolset: github, Marven, Jenkin, uDeploy.
- Identify build and checkMarx scan errors; review our J2E application source code and provide input and advise the entire dev team best coding practice.
- Maintains team confluence documentation. This include all release runbooks, ci/cd pipeline requirements and best practice guidelines such branching strategy, naming convention etc.
- Automate, improve and perform release regression for both our own application as well as all the up & down stream applications, and respond and resolve all regression related issues.
- 15% in meeting, 25% development, 10% environment setup and maintenance and remaining 50% on release related tasks
- Build and release management
- Leads, designs, develops, test and implements applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolves coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Responsible for defining opportunities across IT to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Ensures that systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Mentors and trains other members of the team.
- Partners with Management, Dev, QA, production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
- Focuses on building relevant capabilities in the organization to keep pace with demand and best practices in the industry.
- Manages vendor/contractor partnerships to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Operates in restricted to niche domains: such as Capital Markets, Quants, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning.
- Leads implementation of complex projects/initiatives on above domain.
- Understands and leads the team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentors lower level team members.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of Java development experience
- Spring boot (5+)
- 2-3+ years of CI/CD tool, SQL database scripting (bash, python, and/or linux)
- Agile, Github, UDeploy Jenkins,and hardware set up experience.
- Resource should understand CICO process, do the building and final release
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quantitative trading, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- Python experience
- Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions