Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company thats not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Financial Systems Engineer
Location: New York, New York, 10017
Term: 12 months
- Design and build high performing and scalable data pipeline platform using Hadoop, Map R Apache Spark
- Work with business analysts, development teams and project managers for requirements and business rules.
- Leads, designs, develops, test and implements applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolves coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Responsible for defining opportunities across IT to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Ensures that systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Mentors and trains other members of the team.
- Partners with Management, Dev, QA, production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
- Focuses on building relevant capabilities in the organization to keep pace with demand and best practices in the industry.
- Manages vendor/contractor partnerships to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Operates in restricted to niche domains: such as Capital Markets, Quants, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning.
- Leads implementation of complex projects/initiatives on above domain.
- Understands and leads the team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentors lower level team members.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: used in waterfall or Agile development projects
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with senior management
- 10+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions
- Experience in Hadoop Map R ecosystem tools for real-time batch data ingestion, processing and provisioning such as Apache Flume, Apache Kafka, Apache Sqoop, Apache Flink, Apache Spark or Apache Storm
- 5+ years of experience delivering ETL, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities on big-data architecture such as Hadoop 5+ years of Python experience
- 10+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quantitative trading, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions