Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Financial Systems Engineer
Location: New York, NY or Charlotte, NC
Term: 12 months
- Leads, designs, develops, test and implements applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolves coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Responsible for defining opportunities across IT to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Ensures that systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Mentors and trains other members of the team.
- Partners with Management, Dev, QA, production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
- Focuses on building relevant capabilities in the organization to keep pace with demand and best practices in the industry.
- Manages vendor/contractor partnerships to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Operates in restricted to niche domains: such as Capital Markets, Quants, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning.
- Leads implementation of complex projects/initiatives on above domain.
- Understands and leads the team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentors lower level team members.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- The candidate must be very knowledgeable about the derivatives business and pricing theory with a minimum of 8 years of experience in hands on development experience in distributed environments.
- Has to be comfortable with dealing with the trading desks and preferably someone who is inspired to work with traders to solve business problems under pressure.
- Expertise in C#, Excel/VBA, SQL, Perl/Python, RDBMS, Real Time messaging, Unix, Linux
- Implementing pricing applications in Excel and various optimization associated with Excel programming, as well as experience working on industrialization of the spreadsheets (i.e. proper deployment of the Excel based apps to multiple traders)
- Domain knowledge of derivatives trading, pricing, and the models employed, in addition to all the soft market data that are needed for computing these models.
- Hands on Experience with Bloomberg API, Reuters API in Excel
- Experience with computer algorithms, design patterns, data structure
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quantitative trading, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions