Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Java Developer
Location: Charlotte, NC or Addison, TX
Term: 1 year
- Design and build high performing and scalable data pipeline platform using Java, Spring, Hadoop, Apache Spark based architecture.
- Use advanced knowledge and experience with current technologies (Java, Microservices, Spring-Boot, JSON) to implement data exchange Applications which are cloud ready
- Build and maintain high-quality, high-performance, scalable software
- Document and demonstrate solutions by writing documentation, diagrams, and code comments
- Collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Support ongoing data management efforts for Development, QA and Production environments
- Leverage knowledge of industry trends to build best in class technology to provide competitive advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with senior management
- Ability to work effectively in an Agile Scrum or Kanban environment
- Collaborate with other developers to design/develop new software solutions or changes to existing software solutions.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 3+ years of microservices development experience
- 3+ years of Spark and Scala experience
- 5+ years of Spring framework experience such as Spring Boot
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 6+ years of RESTful services
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- 10+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quantitative trading, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- GitHub experience
- 2+ years of experience with continuous integration development technologies such as IBM Udeploy, (UrbanCode Deploy), Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with Kafka
- Familiarity with using Java, Eclipse IDE, IntelliJ IDE, Maven and Spring web framework
- Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions