Our client is seeking a Financial Specialist for their Corporate Development team for a direct hire opportunity.
Must have advanced Excel experience and be well versed in Financial modeling. Should have Financial Transaction experience. Must be a strong communicator in writing and over the phone.
Must be Analytical but not reserved. This role requires strategic thinking and collaboration. Needs to be a self-starter and work with a team toward a common goal.
This person develops strategic market insights through strong internal and external relationships to identify attractive M&A and investment opportunities. Opportunities are assessed based on rigorous investment criteria and evaluation by internal stakeholders. Members of the team will develop the business case (including synergies) and drive internal alignment on strategic fit and the post-deal plan. The team works collaboratively across all functions and services for our client.
- Responsibilities include performing complex financial analyses for M&A transactions, leading the due diligence process, training corporate development analysts, working directly with senior executives to execute M&A transactions.
- Individuals in this role have built a strong working knowledge of related subject areas and identifies areas for improvement of operational processes and activities in support of the overall team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs detailed financial analyses with progressively more complex financial model and can build models without assistance.
- Leads due diligence process, coordinating directly with legal, accounting, tax, human resources, and operations experts.
- Researches and analyzes diverse industries and verticals for the purpose of strategic fit, business opportunity analysis, and competitive landscape assessments.
- Directly supports Executive Leadership to prepare presentations and recommendations for senior management review and board meetings.
- Works directly with senior executives to identify in-fill M&A targets and manages deals from end-to-end under the supervision of a VP or SVP.
- Trains and develops corporate development analysts, helping them to build skills and navigate the corporate development landscape.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the client's business lines and facilitates strong collaboration with cross-functional departments.
- Directs information gathering and identifies risks and solutions for various issues uncovered during the M&A process.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related discipline from a 4 -year college or university, and a minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience and/or training.
- Prior experience in investment banking or corporate development (M&A) is preferred.
- Prior experience evaluating inorganic growth opportunities, including identifying key strategic themes and building financial models and presentation is highly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Advanced analytical & quantitative skillset.
- Strategic, quantitative, and financial modelling skills, including the ability to structure the rationale for M&A recommendations with data and perform valuation analysis.