Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Financial Reporting Analyst
Location: Houston, TX 77046
Term: 4 months
- Prepares financial statements in accordance with GAAP and SEC requirements to be included in mutual fund annual and semi-annual shareholder reports.
- Financial statements include: the Schedule of Investments, the Statement of Assets and Liabilities, the Statement of Operations, the Statement of Changes in Net Assets.
- Financial statements include: the Financial Highlights and the Notes to the Financial Statements in addition to financial information used in the Management Discussion and Analysis.
- Researches, addresses and follows-up on comments and questions received on the financial statements.
- Coordinates with the Shareholder Communications Department to get financial statements typeset, printed and mailed to shareholders within the 60 day SEC requirement.
- Performs research of various SEC and industry regulated guides to provide supported and sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Applies advanced functions on computer applications (i.e., FundSuite, Fundstation, DST, etc.) in performing day-to-day responsibilities.
- Prepares financial information for the annual updates to the funds’ registration statements (“N1-A’s--Prospectuses) in addition to any subsequent filings.
- Financial information includes: fee tables, expense examples, advisor compensation, yield information and financial disclosures for the Statement of Additional Information.
- Demonstrates an applied knowledge of the overall structure of a mutual fund as well as the management company and the related companies and other third parties that provide services to the mutual fund.
- Documents processes and procedures.
- Prepares Proforma financial statements for proposed fund mergers and other ad-hoc financial reporting requests as required.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest trends in the industry through self-study, formal training, and on the job training.
- Works on special projects, as assigned.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would provide the knowledge, skills and ability required to do the job.
- Financial reporting experience in the mutual fund industry.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a variety of individuals.
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial principles as it applies to financial reporting issues.
- Strong analytical skills and proficient in reviewing financial data.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and concentrate on detailed information.
- Ability to utilize computer equipment and software, specifically spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to cooperate and contribute in a team environment.
Even better if you have:
§ Certified Public Accountant.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!