Contract Opportunity with 90-Year Old Global Investment Firm
Position: Pricing Analyst
Location: Houston, TX, 77046
Term: 18 Months (05/24/2021 to 11/23/2022)
- Obtain security prices from the approved sources.
- Review various variance and exception reports.
- Use secondary sources to verify daily quotes.
- Contribute to the improvement of the daily pricing process.
- Assist in the documentation of good faith pricing procedures and reports and any other pricing issues.
- Prepare reports and answer queries relating to fund audits.
- Answer queries from Fund Accountants, Fund Accounting Managers, compliance specialists, auditors and Investments personnel.
- Complete special projects as required.
- Review exchange rates for accuracy.
- Assist in the completion of all periodic reporting requirements.
- Develop relationship with pricing vendors to provide support with various pricing issues.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- At least 2-5 year Fund Accounting or Finance experience in the securities/investment industry is required.
- Must have a solid understanding of accounting and financial principles as it applies to daily pricing and various reporting requirements.
- Must be able to utilize computer equipment and software, specifically spreadsheet applications.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a variety of individuals are required.
- Must have strong analytical skills in order to handle a variety of pricing issues including but not limited to foreign currency translations, futures, option and swap contracts and corporate actions related items.
- Must have the ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and concentrate on detailed information.
- Must demonstrate initiative in actively pursuing solutions to pricing issues.
- Must be able to utilize computer equipment and software, specifically spreadsheet and database applications.
- The ability to contribute in a team environment is critical.
- Must also be able to work under pressure and make quick, sound decisions.
- A Bachelor's degree in Economics, Accounting or Finance is required or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would provide the knowledge, skills and ability required.
- Knowledge of market data services like Bloomberg or Reuters is a plus.
- Proficient knowledge in fixed income securities or derivatives is strongly encouraged
- CFA designation or progress towards designation preferred