Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Financial Analyst to join their team for a contract to hire role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Financial Analyst
Location: Remote - The majority of the roles at this client will continue working from home until at least the end of 2021. Once it is safe to begin working onsite, staff can choose where they work – from home, in the office, or a hybrid of the two.
To be eligible to convert to FTE at this client you must reside in NC or one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia or South Carolina
Term: 6 months, contract to hire
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: You will provide cost optimization strategies to customers through analyzing cost and usage data. You will work with various vendors, mission sales, customer success managers, solutions architects, and finance teams to help our customers achieve maximum cost savings and optimization of their AWS and other environments.
- Develop, analyze, interpret, report, and/or present monthly, quarterly, and/or annual historical/ and or forecasted financial information.
- Prepare complex financial plans, financial forecasts, profitability impacts & competitive analysis, and various reports to better track profitability
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and/or analysis for various audiences such as Senior Leadership Team, Audit Committee, Executive Team, etc. Make presentations to management and business lines.
- Monitor cloud usage and present opportunities for cost savings and healthy cloud usage
- Create custom reports giving personalized recommendations to customers based on budget, best practices, timeline, and goals
- Create cost and usage analyses, trending and forecasting reports, buying strategies, and best practices for cloud adoption
- Configure and manage customer-facing cloud optimization tools
- Perform Reserved Instance (RI) analysis and assist with RI purchases
- Meet with key customers once a month to review costs and make recommendations for improvement
- Stay educated on the latest cost optimization strategies and technologies; gather insights and develop new opinions and strategies around cloud optimization and present solutions to sales leadership
- Provide support to cloud billing charge inquiries
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of technical sales, business strategy, or business development in related field
- Experience using AWS Cost Explorer and other AWS Cost Management tools
- Experience with cloud economics, AWS services, and AWS pricing models
- 5 years experience in financial analyst and/or reporting role
- Without a Bachelors, 7 years experience in financial analyst and/or reporting role required
- With a Masters, 2-3 years experience in financial analyst and/or reporting role required
- Knowledge of accounting policies and procedures (GAAP)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (can maintain complex spreadsheets); extensive experience analyzing large datasets
- Experience working with Sales, Customer Success, or customer-facing departments
- AWS Cloud Practitioner certification and CloudHealth Certification (required within the first 90 days of employment)