Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Financial Analyst to join their team for a contract-to-hire role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Financial Analyst
Location: Remote within the State of NC - However, other states that may have potential convert to full time employee - Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming will be allowed to maintain their current residence and work remotely.
Term: 12 months - potential contract to hire
This role in the healthcare division of this insurance company. They are a division that generates their own revenue; therefore, they are seeking a mid-level financial analyst to help them understand their financial health. The resource will support finance of the healthcare team, vendor management, AP, AR, Reconciliation, budgets, forecasts, reports, invoicing, etc.
- Performs financial and vendor management support to program operations.
- Performs a variety of tasks including general ledger account reconciliations, month-end close duties, budgeting and forecasting, variance analysis, cost accounting, productivity reports, program reports, vendor contracting and management responsibilities, and minimal accounts payables and receivables.
- Hiring preferences include bachelor's degree in accounting, 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area, and certified public accountant.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Excel, PowerPoint, Word required
- CPA Certification preferred
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area, and certified public accountant.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in accounting.