Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Financial Analyst Associate to join their team for a contract role, with potential to convert to FTE of the client!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Financial Analyst Associate
Location: Remote, but when offices open back up, you may be expected to be onsite in Durham, NC
Term: 6 Months, potential to convert to FTE of the client
Purpose of the Financial Analyst Associate:
Responsible for financial reporting, analysis and forecasting including the preparation of financial reports and operating trends as well as research as needed. Research and analysis could include membership as well as financial information. Participate in projects relating to the financial statement preparation and analysis development. Support any implementation of corrective action plans. Develop, utilize, interpret, and/or report corporate financial data as it relates to historical reporting, forecasting and/or estimating the future trends in health care costs.
- Assist in the development, analysis, interpretation, reporting, and/or presentation of monthly, quarterly, and/or annual historical/ and or forecasted financial information.
- Support preparation of financial plans, financial forecasts, profitability impacts & competitive analysis, and various reports to better track profitability
- Support preparation of financial and business related analysis and research.
- Support preparation of budgets for units or departments based on actual performance, previous budget figures, estimated revenue, expense reports and other factors.
- Support the review expenditures of requisitioning departments to ensure conformance to budget.
- Support the preparation of the monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and/or analysis for various audiences such as Senior Leadership Team, Audit Committee, Executive Team, client Association, etc. Ensure the reports are accurate. Make presentations to management and business lines.
- Support the monthly variance analysis (at any business/segment or consolidated company level). Provide ongoing support to various business lines.
- Assist in the administration and analysis for new products and corporate projects.
- Support the preparation of various ad-hoc data requests, analysis, reports and special projects as needed.
- Verification of manual adjustments and source of accuracy checks.
- Preparation of any estimates, adjustments and/or journal entries that may be needed for formulas and data required for new or existing business segments.
- Preparation of various internal and external reports, such as membership, commissions, and the impact of large claims on the various lines of business and market segments for use in financial analysis.
- Bachelors degree in business, finance, accounting, math, statistics or economics, or, without a bachelors degree, 3 years of experience as a financial analyst or reporting role
- Strong excel skills: Pivot tables for example
- Microsoft suite skills
- Healthcare Industry experience and/or Insurance Industry experience.
- Experience with Lawson, Workday, Business Objects and/or DashBoard Gear, and/or SASFM.
- Knowledge of Access Database, accounting research tools, Envision Lawson General Ledger, Mobius, Business Objects, MHS, AMISYS and/or SASFM
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make timely decisions.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service to both internal and external customers
- Detail oriented, flexible, dependable and able to prioritize work and manage time effectively
- Ability to present ideas professionally and represent business unit or department in various workgroups as a subject matter expert
- Professionalism, multi-tasker, team player, critical thinker