Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Field Tech
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Term: 5 months
- Maintain exceptional customer service posture at all times.
- Build strong relationships with the school administration team, including but not limited to the Principal, Assistant Principal, Main Office staff, business managers and media specialists.
- Arrive at the school no less than 30 minutes prior to first bell.
- Monitor assigned support tickets for assigned locations; troubleshoot and resolve issues reported.
- Escalate complex issues to the senior technician for the assigned cluster as first point of contact.
- Support a teaming environment with field support technicians at other schools within your assigned cluster and beyond.
- Perform support activities including but not limited to:
- Proactively check the status of computer labs & media center computers on a daily basis.
- Maintain and update Chrome carts for student use.
- Checking Interactive Whiteboards (and Projectors) to ensure that they are functional.
- Ensure “test readiness” for standardized tests through updating carts and lab equipment.
- Troubleshoot and/or replace Kronos hardware.
- Maintain and troubleshoot location Marquee signs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve minor wireless and network issues.
- Install OS updates and patches on Apple and Windows based PC devices.
- Install and configure printing devices.
- Maintain accurate asset assignment in Nimbus.
- Track hardware inventory through Gigatrak system.
- Maintain work areas and work spaces, including MDF/IDF closets.
- Coordinate removal of obsolete equipment as required.
- Support printers and printing devices.
- Serve as first point of contact for Media Center Specialists/Technical Liaisons for one-to-one student devices as needed.
- Meet with onsite vendors as required to support L3 teams.
- Assist with deployment of new equipment.
- Check monitoring tools for any school outages (wireless AP, switches, kronos clocks).
- Provide support for IT projects and AV events in the assigned schools.
- Document all work performed (and steps to resolve issues) at all times within ticketing system for audit or knowledgebase purposes.
- Record and submit checklists or other documentation as required for upward reporting and accountability.
- Attend mandatory monthly professional development meetings.
- Retrieve parts or other items needed to resolve issues from the APS IT Warehouse.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 3+ years of experience in field tech support.
- A+ Certification.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in understanding network infrastructure and wireless support.
- Prior experience with desk side support is a MUST.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and dependable personal vehicle.
Even better if you have:
- Microsoft Windows certification.
- ITIL experience/certification.
- Associate degree.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!