Title: Fair Lending Associate
Location: San Francisco, CA
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
As a Fair Lending Associate, you’ll support the Fair and Responsible Banking department on critical tasks related to Fair Lending regulations (Fair Housing Act and Equal Credit Opportunity Act); the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA); Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP); and other applicable laws and regulations. This position offers outstanding learning opportunities that will help you establish a career in Fair and Responsible Banking.
Duties and Responsibilities
What you’ll do as a Fair Lending Associate:
- Perform detailed fair lending monitoring and testing reviews of residential mortgage and consumer loans to assess the Bank’s compliance with the applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Perform frequent pricing and underwriting file and/or comparative file reviews to identify potential system, procedural or training weaknesses in an effort to preclude potential regulatory concerns.
- Timely escalation and report of review results to management team.
- Assist in the preparation of Senior Management, Board of Directors, and Committee reporting and updates.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in HMDA loan data to ensure data consistency and integrity, and identify any gaps or areas of improvements.
- Maintain an active working knowledge and understanding of applicable fair lending laws and regulatory priorities and expectations.
- Participates in special projects or other assignments, as needed, to support the Fair and Responsible Banking department.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal, and state laws, regulations and guidance, 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Three or more years of experience working with mortgage and consumer lending laws and regulations, compliance monitoring and testing, risk management or audit.
- Solid knowledge of and/or experience with residential mortgage lending and the ability to navigate across multiple systems and internal and external resources to leverage and integrate related information
- The ability to apply critical thinking, interpret testing results, identify issues, offer solutions, and analyze and apply data/information.
- Experience using Fair Lending Wiz, Centrax or equivalent fair lending analysis software (preferred)
- Strong Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- The ability to work independently as well as collaborate effectively with other groups and team members in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to manage and thrive while addressing multiple priorities and initiatives
- The ability to provide reliable information reporting and analysis on a consistent and timely basis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create and deliver effective reports and presentations
- A commitment to provide extraordinary service and further our client’s culture and values
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now