Our client is looking for an Experience Designer to join their team for a 12+ month contract. In this role you will work closely with other designers, stakeholders, product managers, and engineering teams to plan, design and build consumer-facing apps and websites. The UX Designer should have empathy for our users, be a creative problem solver, and be able to articulate the reasons behind a design. The ideal candidate has experience across many design disciplines and is highly knowledgeable about the latest interaction and design standards.
“MUST HAVE” SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Advocate for the user while working closely with product managers to strategically solve complex problems.
- Participate in all aspects of the design process including requirement defining, user research, workflow diagramming, detailed design, and engineering support.
- Create flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and other design artifacts to define and communicate end-to-end user experiences.
- Work with UX research to plan user testing sessions and translate research findings into future design deliverables.
- Confidently present UX/UI designs to stakeholders, users and development teams in formal and informal settings. Articulate and demonstrate how design solutions address user needs, business goals, technical constraints, and other project requirements.
- Collaborate with the product team to evaluate and prioritize features balancing business needs and the needs of the end user.
- Participate in and/or organize design workshops (in-person and remote) to drive discovery and better understand the user’s needs.
- Contribute to style guides, UI components, and design systems to accelerate design and ensure consistency across multiple platforms.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years UX/UI design experience in the area of mobile apps
- Online portfolio demonstrating your recent work experience with case studies illustrating the full UX process.
- Strong understanding of the UX process.
- Mastery of design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, Abstract, and InVision.
- Previous experience working on ecommerce apps and websites.
- Advanced knowledge of responsive design and familiarity with related development techniques.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to execute on multiple projects with concurrent timelines.
- Understanding of agile methodologies and how UX integrates into the agile/scrum process.
- Experience organizing or participating in design workshops.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation.