Title: Examiner Claims Workers Compensation
Location: Lake Mary, FL 32746
Term: 3 Month Contract
- 5+ years Workers' Compensation claim handling experience
- Examines insurance policies and other records to determine insurance coverage.
- Interviews, telephones, and/or corresponds with claimant and witnesses regarding claim.
- Consults police and hospital records, and inspects property damage to determine extent of company's liability and varying methods of investigation according to type of insurance.
- Estimates cost of repair, replacement, or compensation.
- Prepares report of findings and negotiates settlement with claimant.
- Recommends litigation by legal department when settlement cannot be negotiated.
- Attends litigation hearings.
- Revises case reserves in assigned claims files to cover probable costs.
- Assists in preparing loss experience report to help determine profitability and calculates adequate future rates
- Works remotely
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Supports the organization's quality program(s)
- Travels as required
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!