This Dallas-based consulting firm has an immediate full-time opening for an ETL Developer. This position requires strong ETL/SQL/Data Warehouse experience along with Python or Talend. Preference for candidates within the DFW area but open to someone working 100% remotely. The successful candidate will be experienced with planning, building, and maintaining ETL processes, providing a "source of truth" for business through a Data Warehouse. An ideal candidate will have strong ETL and database development knowledge as well as the ability to communicate requirements across a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Designing and building efficient, scalable, and reliable data warehousing and ETL solutions to support the rapidly growing data integration, reporting and analytics needs of the business.
- Acting as a business data steward and a business partner to deliver quality service and technology.
- Recommending data cleansing/quality solutions.
- Creating and updating existing documentation of processes.
- Responding to process failure notifications and work with the team to resolve.
- Developing re-usable data solution patterns to enable quick to market data assets.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task to meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
- Providing technical direction for the design of complex and large-scale data analytics solutions to effectively meet business needs.
- Contributing to the solution design of projects that address business needs, including the analysis of multiple solution options
- Consulting on design approaches to solving complex business problems.
- Authoring complex level technical designs that define how the functional requirements will be technically enabled.
- Providing guidance to project team related to the solution architecture and technical design. Assisting and advising project teams in the configuration, testing, implementation, and support of secure technical solutions.
- Providing sizing and detailed estimates for project requests.
- Capable of analyzing legacy solutions for migration to newer technologies.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to resolve problems are desired.
- High energy self-motivation attention to detail creativity flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Engineering skillset / training / work experience in relevant technical domain
- 2+ years of Python scripting or 2+ years of experience on the Talend platform.
- 3+ years of engineering experience in a relevant technical domain
- 3+ years of SQL experience.
- 2+ year of developing ETL solutions.
- 2+ years of working with Data Warehouse platforms.
- Experience with Snowflake is desired, but a solid T-SQL background will be considered in lieu of that experience.
- Knowledge of ETL concepts and best practices.
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts.
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Experience delivering features through the full software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Talend Data Integration V7 Certified Developer
- SnowPro Advanced Data Engineer
- Any Python based ETL Certification(s)
- Any T-SQL based Certification(s)
- Retail Energy Markets experience.