Highly Regarded Teaching Hospital with Outstanding Culture
Position: ETL Developer
Term: 2 Months
- Design, develop, test, implement and maintain ETL jobs and packages. Design, develop, test, implement and maintain T-SQL and stored procedures. Applies advanced software concepts to plan, design, develop, modify, test, debug, deploy and evaluate ETL jobs and packages, stored procedures and other programs used to transform and manage UCSF data. Analyzes existing ETL jobs and packages, stored procedures to formulate logic for improvement and devises algorithms for new highly complex data management systems.
- Specifies, develops and executes complex test plans. Develops conversion and system implementation plans. performance and integration testing
- Prepares and approves or obtains approval for system and programming documentation. Initiates and oversees changes in development, maintenance and system standards. Sets the technical requirements for complex software specifications
- Understands and applies industry practices, community standards and department policies and procedures in depth. May serve as technical lead for multiple software development projects of moderate to broad scope. May lead a team of software development professionals. Enforces project plans
- Design, and implement data models to support self-service analytics. . Initiates, analyzes, designs and applies highly complex data sources.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated complex problem- solving skills.
- Experience with EPIC electronic medical record databases Clarity and Caboodle
- Advanced knowledge of the EPIC data such as clinical and financial data and how to use these data effectively in analytics, dashboards and reporting
- Demonstrates the ability to design, code and test ETL routines
- Understands the principles of good ETL design
- 3 to 4 years writing T-SQL. Experienced in writing stored procedures and complex SQL
- Must possess experience and skills in understanding data models and developing databases and database objects.
- Experience developing and executing complex test plans.
- Familiarity with at least one ETL tool such as SSIS or DataStage
- Experience with clinical and healthcare administration data
- Ability to create data flow diagrams, and ETL specifications
- Expertise in creating technical specifications
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
- Experience with Version 11.5 and above is preferable. Should be able to design and develop data extraction / integration solutions using DataStage.
- At least 3 to 4 years of Microsoft Integration Services (SSIS) ETL development experience
- Should be able to design and develop data extraction / integration solutions using Visual Studio.
- Must be able to work with multiple RDBMS environments (e.g. Oracle and SQL Server)
- Able to resolve and improve performance issues.
- Understanding of fact / dimension dart mart structure Pref Understanding of big data / cloud warehouses and technologies
- Experience in Agile working environment is desired.
- Knowledge of all InfoSphere modules is a plus. For example, FastTrake, IGC, Information Analyzer etc.
- Able to work closely with application DBA to balance load on ETL and DB servers
- Should be proficient utilizing SSIS tasks, T-SQL, and scripting, such as either VB.NET or C#.NET languages to be embedded in SSIS packages.
- Knowledge of Tableau
- Advanced knowledge of secure software development
- Highly advanced skills associated with software specification, design, modification, implementation and deployment of large-scale scope.
- Excellent project leadership and management skills.
- Formal Education or Training in ELT development
- Formal Education or Training in data modeling
- Formal Education or Training in application development
- EPIC Clarity / Caboodle certification desired