Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: ETL Developer
Location: Charlotte, NC 28202
Term: 16 months
- Act as senior developer working with other developers, BA and QA staff in programming, development, testing, and implementation process
- Create thorough designs - taking care to assure that designs integrate well into existing architecture.
- Analyze highly complex business requirements, designs and write technical specifications.
- Collaborate across teams, including global teams, to create high quality solution designs.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy data integration initiative. As a senior Developer, perform Design & Code reviews and process optimization.
- Provides design and development support for analytical systems and data integration applications
- Contributes in analyzing complex requirements and translates to technical design and specifications
- Design, development, test, and implement application ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) code
- Utilize a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs to source, map, extract and load large volumes of data.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of data requires a solid grasp of compliance, regulatory and technology risk domains.
- Experience in relational and dimensional models.
- Experience in large scale data warehouse architectures & Performance optimization.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 7 + years of experience writing relational database queries for stored procedures, query optimization and performance tuning
- 7+ years of SQL experience
- 2+ years of experience creating visual reports with one or combination of the following: SSRS, Tableau, or PowerBI
- 7+ years of experience delivering ETL, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities on big-data architecture such as Hadoop
- 3 + years of experience working with large data sets
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) experience
- Basic Microsoft Visio skills
- Knowledge and understanding of data modeling tools, such as Power Designer
- Experience with Spark, Hive and Kafka
- 4+ years of experience with source coding in one or a combination of the following: GitHub, SVN(Subversion), TFVC (Team Foundation Version Control) or TFSGit (Team Foundation Server)
- Ability to communicate effectively with a quantitative development team about models and integration strategies
- Ability to dissect technical problems, analyze data, and recommend potential solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of data dimensional modeling
- Good data analytical and validation skills
- BS/BA degree or higher in information technology