Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Esri ArcGIS IT Support Specialist
Location: Atlanta Georgia 30308
Term: 3 Months
- Acts as 1st line of GIS technical support for the department.
- Provides excellent customer service, follow-up, and follow-through to address customer concerns or needs; acts as a customer liaison.
- Provides troubleshooting and technical support via phone, email, and desktop screen sharing; clarifies customer issues to obtain necessary information.
- Provides accurate feedback on technical problems, next steps, and solutions.
- Escalates technical issues and coordinates with IT staff to resolve problems and provide solutions, consults with Esri support as needed.
- Creates, updates, and resolves work request tickets; updates work time log; provides status/progress reports.
- Instructs customers in using Esri ArcGIS solutions and supported applications, enables customers to be more productive with GIS.
- Develops, updates, or maintains system/technical documentation as needed.
- Connects customers to training and other resources to assist them in using the system.
- Assists in application validation after system updates/upgrades.
- Assists in data development, obtaining updates, QA/QC, metadata, or map/service preparation.
- Assists in implementing ArcGIS solutions.
- Performs a variety of special projects and assignments and provides on-call support as needed.
- Develops the department’s GIS User Group, resources, training materials, and website.
- Follows department IT policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS, environmental science, computer science, information systems, or related field.
- 2+ years of knowledge and experience with Esri ArcGIS software.
- 2+ years of experience and knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as GPS, mapping, data editing, spatial analysis, metadata, etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
- Able to isolate, reproduce, and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Positive, professional, independent, self-starter, with good organization skills.
- Passion to provide excellent customer service and build effective customer relationships.
- Able to use judgement and think before acting.
Even better if you have:
- Graduate GIS Certificate, URISA GISP, Esri ArcGIS Certification, or other related GIS training/certifications.
- Experience with ArcGIS Online or related mobile applications.
- 1+ year of IT application support or hardware/software troubleshooting experience.
- 1+ year experience of Windows 10.
- Experience working with shapefiles, geodatabases, or any other database experience.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!