Grow your career as an Enterprise Risk Analyst with an innovative global bank in New York, NY. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to work onsite 2-3 days per week. Will provide analytical support to the business unit and will own enterprise-level stress loss, risk capital, risk-based performance metrics. Will develop and implement tools and models; interpret CCAR, enterprise-level stress testing, risk capital, and risk-based performance results; execute tactical stress tests and other analyses; engage with stakeholders to apply stress testing and other ERA metrics consistently throughout the organisation; and sponsors the development of additional and enhanced enterprise-level risk models to support capital and strategic planning, risk identification and limits, and franchise and transaction evaluation. Will work on a project with two main objectives: a) harmonization of existing lower-level risk limits and metrics with newly introduced top-of-house risk limits and metrics; b) implementation of an enhanced earnings metrics in line with the company's risk appetite. The work products will include interim and target-state methodology documentation and roadmap, supporting quantitative analyses, e.g., metrics and limit utilization over time; prototype calculators and enterprise workflows.
- Propose, justify, and document the methodology for harmonizing existing lower-level risk limits and metrics with newly introduced top-of-house risk limits and metrics.
- Propose, justify, and document the methodology for an enhanced earnings metric in line with the company’s risk appetite.
- Build calculators and enterprise workflows to prototype these methodologies, including sourcing and validating required inputs.
- Conduct quantitative analyses to support the socialisation and review and challenge of these methodologies with key stakeholders.
- Map out a roadmap for ongoing enhancement of these metrics, e.g., improved accuracy, more frequent and faster recalculations.
- Advanced degree in Economics, Finance, or another quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, etc.) is required.
- 10+ years of experience in financial services sector, in roles requiring superior problem-solving analytical capabilities.
- Expertise or experience in several of the following areas:
- Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) methodologies.
- Enterprise-wide stress testing and economic capital methodologies: retail and wholesale (incl. counterparty) credit risk, market risk, operational risk, asset and liability management risk, pension liability risk.
- Quantitative pre-provision net revenue (PPNR) forecasting methodologies.
- Enterprise risk management (ERM) frameworks, risk identification, risk appetite statements, risk-based performance metrics (e.g., RAROC).
- Python, SQL, and familiarity with modern software development tools.
- Workflow management, business intelligence, and collaboration software, especially in ERM setting, is advantageous.
About our client
Our client stands as one of the worlds most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.