The newly formed PRT (Performance and Resilience Testing) team is a combination of disciplines (Quality, Performance, Resilience) created with the purpose of enabling our internal teams to improve their practices in these disciplines. As a member of this team, you will work across all disciplines, often rotating between quality-oriented work and tooling/infrastructure work to achieve the best results. It’s a highly dynamic environment with a lot of interesting projects! Our team takes care of building infrastructure and tooling to support Performance Testing and Resilience Testing at scale of our backend systems and platform. We also partner with product/platform teams to ensure they can use our tooling to its full potential, and to help define approaches and best practices in this space.
- Utilize and help maintain our Load Testing framework (internal tool based on Artillery.io) to test Auth0 systems at scale;
- Help define strategies to incorporate Performance Testing into the CI/CD lifecycle;
- Build test data generation tools at scale (e.g. creation of millions of entities);
- Help define Resilience Testing strategies and automate them (e.g. Chaos Testing);
- Build reporting solutions for continuous load testing to gather historical data, as well as real-time feedback of performance degradations.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development
- Experience with Cloud Platform environments (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Experience with CI/CD platforms (e.g. Jenkins, GH Actions, CircleCI, ArgoCD, or similar)
- Proficiency in a programming language typically used for automation (NodeJS, Python, Go)
- Comfortable with logging and monitoring solutions (e.g. Kibana, Datadog, etc)
- Interest or Experience in Performance Engineering (e.g. load and performance testing for high traffic applications)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a globally distributed environment with a remote workforce
- High proficiency with NodeJS/Typescript would be a plus;
- Experience with container-based CI/CD platforms;
- Experience with IAC (e.g. Terraform, Serverless);
- Chaos Engineering experience.