Rebuild Americas Infrastructure with Our Fortune 200 Materials and Logistics ClientDallas based company is seeking an Endpoint Systems Engineer to join their team for a contract opportunity. This role can be 100% remote with a possibility for conversion to a full-time employee. The Engineer will provide system design, administration and support tasks related to the coordination, control, and management of all client and server devices for the organization to ensure compatibility and integration with IT Strategies, under minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Packages, tests, and automates the installation of workstation software application enterprise-wide using application deployment technologies (e.g. System Center Configuration Manager SCCM).
- Engineers, administers and manages settings and configurations for System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), including Active Directory, patch management, collections, application and OS deployment on all related client and server devices for the organization.
- Troubleshoots identified errors related to IT endpoints and coordinates solutions with site IT Infrastructure personnel including addressing problem tickets with various locations.
- Provides patch management duties for enterprise-wide workstations, including developing, testing, and troubleshooting deployment as well as coordinating all activities with multi-site IT personnel.
- Designs, creates, administers and maintains Windows group policy enterprise-wide allowing for efficient access, configuration and control of all client and server devices for the organization.
- Builds and maintains Windows images and automates the installation of the Windows Operating System (OS) using various image-deployment technologies for enterprise-wide workstations.
- Coordinates image approval and testing with multi-site IT personnel.
- Develops project plans and makes recommendations for improvements to application and image deployment with special emphasis on business acquisitions.
- Installs, administers, and maintains site print servers, installs drivers as needed, and troubleshoots errors.
- Acts as Tier 3 support for Desktop and Server administration for various issues including solving complex errors and project implementation.
- Implements monitoring of specific systems through tools such as Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and SolarWinds
- Secures companies endpoints using anti-virus, intrusion detection software and device encryption technologies.
- Ensures end-user data is properly stored and backed-up to maintain data integrity.
- Addresses endpoint performance issues that may affect end-user experience concerning desktops, laptops, tablets and virtual endpoints.
- Designs solutions that emphasize automation and minimize manual, human interaction when it comes to software or hardware deployment.
- Associates with technical partners/vendors to understand industry best practices and apply them to meet the IT endpoint needs of the business.
- A minimum of five years of experience with image deployment, application deployment, and patch management in a multi-site, enterprise environment is required.
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in MIS or Computer Science, or equivalent years of experience in lieu of a degree, is required.
- A+ Certification is also required.
- Strong understanding of all standard operating systems.
- Good working knowledge of Group Policy, LDAP, Kerberos, DNS, TCP/IP, WMI and SNMP.
- Strong knowledge of on-premises Microsoft Office as well as Office 365.
- Knowledge of application packaging, image deployment, WSUS/Patch Management, and MS Technologies (e.g. Office Suite, OS, Internet Explorer).
- Demonstrated ability to support Windows operating systems in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of both wired and wireless network infrastructures.
- Experience with technical documentation, and creation of training documentation.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently or as part of a team comprising different disciplines and with clients/users.
- Effective Project Planning, Time Management, Prioritization and Organization skills.
- Good interpersonal skills: gets along well with others.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills necessary to work with novice to advanced computer users.
- Ability to assume responsibility and exercise good judgment.
- Good written and oral communication skills, especially in communicating technical concepts and information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Shares knowledge readily and recognizes own need to learn. Intermediate reading, writing and mathematical ability.
- Experience with Active Directory, MCITP and/or MCSE is strongly preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft System Center
- Configuration Manager design/development/implementations including distribution points, Microsoft System Center management pack development experience
- Experience with Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012), Windows 7/10 and Microsoft Office
- Experience with Active Directory and Network fundamentals, Antivirus/Malware software experience, Imaging using SCCM, Scripting knowledge
- Experience with IIS, Group Policy and Microsoft InTune.
- Other preferred certifications: Microsoft certifications (MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCP, MOUS); Network, PC hardware and software certifications (CCNA/JNCIA (preferred), N+, INET+).