Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: Endpoint Security Engineer
Location: Addison, TX
Term: 18 months
- Work to educate users and desktop support globally on secure endpoint practices.
- Revise and/or create standards for endpoint structuring methodologies.
- Investigate and help remediate any found issues or incidents.
- Research/implement new technologies to increase endpoint security.
- Work with COE teams to improve overall knowledge level and endpoint security.
- Train other team members on intermediate endpoint security and methods of detection.
- Aid development of endpoint standards and design architecture.
- Maintain strong working relationship with desktop support teams.
- 2+ years of experience in Endpoint security.
- Experience with endpoint security assessment tools.
- Working knowledge of server and desktop operating systems to include Windows, Linux, and MacOS.
- Understanding of various authentication mechanisms.
- In-depth understanding of how users impact endpoint security.
- In-depth knowledge of endpoint security principles and attack vectors.
- Experience deploying and maintaining EDR Security Solutions.
- Experience creating and deploying packages within Client Management tools (SCCM, Ivanti, IBM BigFix, etc.)
- Technical and functional knowledge of computer hardware.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed understanding of holistic endpoint system design, configuration, and operation.
- A strong desire to improve endpoint security and endpoint deployment practices.
- Ability to work well with various levels of management across departments.
- Detailed and process oriented.
- Strong organizational skills and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- A self-starter, adaptive and flexible to change.
- Ability to stay up-to-date in the ever-changing security environment.
- BS or BA with an emphasis on Information Technology/Information Security OR 5+ years of Information Security Experience.
- Technical documentation skills.
- Mobile endpoint security development.
- Experience working with decentralized teams across multiple time zones.
- Teaching experience a plus.
- CompTIA Security+ and Microsoft Certified IT Professional(MCITP) desired but not required.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification desired but not required.
- Other security certifications, such as SANS GIAC, (ISC)2, CompTIA, Microsoft, or Mac certifications preferred.