Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Employment Recruiter
Term: 9 months (4/30/2021 to 1/30/2022)
- Basic knowledge of basic human resource functions such as compensation, benefits, employee/labor relations, training and development.
- Provides recruitment, selection, placement support and direction to assigned client groups.
- Ensures adequate diverse pool of qualified candidates to meet client needs.
- Consults with managers to develop recruiting plans and programs to achieve business goals.
- Maintains effective working relationships with all levels of company management to ensure staffing coverage of human resource needs.
- Develops and implements, under general supervision, recruiting/sourcing strategies and processes to support the hiring and business needs of the corporation.
- Recommends qualified candidates to hiring managers and HR Generalists for regular professional and administrative/support positions after interviewing candidates and assessing strength of qualifications against job requirements.
- May extend job offer and negotiate terms.
- Monitors staffing processes to ensure regulatory compliance. Supports internal job posting and transfers program.
- Coordinates the implementation of recruitment advertising. Recommends process enhancements based on analysis of quarterly staffing summary reports. Verifies pre-employment hiring documentation and reviews hiring decision. Evaluates and adjudicates pre-employment background checks.
- Counsels and trains managers and employees on staffing processes, regulatory compliance and career planning.
- Develops, updates and administers programs (e.g. Internships and Career Day).
- Identifies and develops sources for qualified candidates by establishing relationships with placement agencies, colleges, universities, technical schools, diversity community agencies, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned. No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance,\ and/or training to co-workers. May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
- Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Responsible for setting own project deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co- workers and supervisor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Quick learner
- Heavy sourcing - (Indeed, career builder)
- Reporting and employee tracking
- High volume - trades background
- Bachelors degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university in human resources or related field or comparable combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years staffing or recruiting experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, salaries and commissions.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options.
- Under supervision and with latitude for actions and decisions, has responsibility for most aspects of projects that are broad in nature and that may require originality and/or ingenuity.
- Ability to apply sound judgment and a high level of analytical skills when calibrating candidates to target positions.
- Understanding of specific HR concepts with emphasis on staffing processes, internal HR policies, employment law and interviewing techniques or equivalent demonstrated skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated personal computer skills using Microsoft Office, Internet software, and human resources information system (HRIS) and applicant tracking system (ATS) applications.
If this looks like a perfect fit, apply today!