Our client is seeking an Employee Benefits Administrator located in Richardson, TX.
Position Summary: The Benefits Administrator administers and maintains company benefit programs and assists the Payroll Manager with routine payroll administration activities. This position will report directly to the manager of Payroll and Benefits and will provide administrative and functional support to the Talent Services department and company employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as subject matter expert for benefit plans; providing expertise to employees and internal teams.
- Leads benefit activities such as Open Enrollment and annual renewal activities.
- Develops and distributes both routine and special benefit communication to employees and plan participants.
- Manages annual biometric and flu clinic events.
- Audit’s payroll records, benefit invoices and enrollment system for synchronicity on participant enrollments.
- Works closely with third-party leave administrator to coordinate company activities as it relates to employees' leave of absence requests.
- Assist with biweekly payroll processing, according to company-outlined processes.
- Enter routine and specialized payroll entries prior to payroll processing.
- Generate ad hoc reports using Microsoft Excel and proprietary systems.
- Respond to general inquiries from employees and candidates.
- Assist with internal and external audits, including gathering data and report creation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Technical Aptitude – the individual must use technical know-how to understand and navigate all HR and Payroll system as well as above average MS Office skills.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, is able to convey their message/opinion clearly and concisely to internal and external stakeholders.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Experience and Skills: Requirements/Education:
- Previous experience using any of the following systems is preferred: ADP Workforce Now, Concur and NovaTime highly desired.
- High school diploma/GED equivalency required, Bachelor's degree in HR or related field preferred.
- 2-4 years of prior experience with benefit administration with prior payroll processing experience highly desired.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications as well as aptitude for quickly learning and assimilating new software programs.
- Experience with maintaining and updating filing systems.
- Ability to handle sensitive data with high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to handle large projects as well as smaller, repetitive tasks with the same attention to detail and enthusiasm.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to remain flexible and on task with frequent interruptions, with high degree of detail-orientation.