Long term contract Opportunity!
Position: Editor and Proofreader
Term: 12 Months Contract
- Review marketing content for mistakes, inaccuracies, typos, and style issues using a style guide and content templates.
- Help plan, write for, edit, proof, and perform other tasks as needed on a Kanban board.
- Make corrections to content in programs like Adobe InDesign and Illustrator, and a web-based content creation and layout tool.
- Make corrections and suggestions to content in common office software tools (Google Drive/Docs/Slides, Libre Office, etc.).
- Ensure all content is tagged appropriately and SEO principles (e.g., cross-linking) are followed in order to make content easy to find.
- Work with team members focused on content analytics to ensure we're tracking the right pieces of content and using data to inform content creation, promotion, and measurement efforts.
- Connect with content contributors across the Company to create consistent experiences for prospects and customers.
- Apply your unique skills and insights to take on passion projects that makes the Company better.
- Be an advocate for the Company's brand and voice.
- Be a continual student of your craft and share your insights and ideas with others across the company.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Must have Adobe Creative Cloud - InDesign License
- Relevant experience as a writer or editor
- Effective and persuasive communication skills
- Experience with the Google suite of applications (Drive, Gmail, Docs, Slides, Sheets) and with Adobe InDesign.
- Contractors in this role will need a subscription to Adobe InDesign (though Adobe Creative Cloud).
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and time effectively
- Ability to understand and simplify complex information
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, demanding environment
- Ability to work with others in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to multitask with multiple deadlines, manage time effectively, establish priorities, and communicate expectations to project managers and stakeholders
- Experience with AP (Associated Press) style guide is a plus, but not required
- Experience with scrum or agile (Agile) work processes is a plus, but not required
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Drupal, Ahrefs, or similar systems and tools is a plus, but not required
- Global experience (beyond North America) and multilingual candidates are a plus, but not required
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!