Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: EDI Programmer Analyst
Location: Houston, TX,77002
Term: 6 months
- Provide 24 x 7 operational monitoring and production support of the Middleware application environments.
- Participating in an on-call support rotation is required.
- Primary responsibility for monitoring and maintaining data transfer jobs.
- Ability to work independently for monitoring, installation, configuration, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Participates in system change management and deployment in the Middleware environments.
- Interaction with local and offshore application developer resources.
- May develop conversion and migration designs and test plans.
- Complies with architecture and quality processes, principals, policies and standards.
- Participates in software inspections and quality reviews.
- Remain abreast of current technologies and best practices that may be applicable to the company.
- Develop software specifications
- Participates in short- and long-term planning sessions with application owners to identify and implement process and application improvements within an assigned client area.
- Documents discussion and agreements.
- Interfaces between the application owners and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Escalates or resolves conflicts, as needed.
- Helps prioritize business needs and recommend options, risk and costs vs. benefits.
- Helps develop detailed project plans and schedules or assist in the development of work plan timelines.
- Provides work direction and leadership to assigned programs, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of individual project efforts.
- Identifies system technical requirements. Devises or modifies procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, form of desired results, and integration of components.
- Requires skill and proficiency in many technical functions and ability to integrate across disciplines.
- Must have experience in the full project life cycle including defining requirements, evaluating alternatives, designing, developing and implementing solutions.
- Uses appropriate change control procedures for implementing software enhancements.
- IBM Transformation Extender v 9.0.0.x (Design Studio, Partner Manager)
- EDI ANSI X12 Standards
- SQL / PLSQL
- Unix Scripting
- PGP encryption
- Transmission Protocols (FTP,SSH,SFTP,FTPS)
- Proven understanding of Unix operating system
- Proven understanding of Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with Utility industry Retail EDI interfaces