In this role, you will work with other engineers, drilling superintendents, drilling technicians, etc. The workload will be based on rig activity. It is anticipated that there will be some overtime in the beginning while you get ramped up in the role.
As an experienced Drilling Engineer in this role, you will design, plan and execute the safe, efficient and cost effective drilling operation for oil and gas wells. Will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of professionals to arrive at the most feasible and cost effective oil and gas well designs. Additionally, your duties will include:
- Conduct operations in accordance with company policy, operating agreements, and all applicable governmental regulations.
- Promote safety and environmental expectations with employees and contractors.
- Provide fit for purpose well design (casing, directional, cement, and mud programs) and drive continuous improvement through innovation to deliver results that align with business unit goals.
- Take a “One Team” approach and collaborate with other disciplines within the Asset Team to develop well plans that ensure drilling activities support broader team goals.
- Maintain detailed drilling procedures in conjunction with field personnel to enhance performance; lead spud meetings with onsite supervisors and contractors to create a common view of success.
- Daily engineering support of ongoing operations through communication with onsite supervisor and superintendent.
- Identify positive and negative variances to the drilling plan and engage internal and external technical support to resolve operational challenges, document best practices and implement across the rig fleet.
- Generate cost estimates and track variances for assigned operations.
- Challenge the status quo and embrace a dynamic team environment; be adaptable to change.
- Give and receive feedback, take accountability for deadlines and quality deliverables.
- Monitor KPIs and provide meaningful input in quarterly, contractor business reviews.
- Establish and ensure meaningful working relationships with contractors and regulatory personnel.
- Assist in regulatory permitting process while keeping informed of applicable governmental regulations and ensure compliance within area of responsibility.
- Communicate technical issues and can act as a company representative at industry technical forums and in dealings with business partners.
- Maintain and drive business ethics across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of drilling engineering experience of operations in various environments.
- Majority of experience in the Permian and/or Oklahoma resource basins