As the Full Stack .Net Web Developer, you will work with the Upstream Technical Computing teams, delivering industry-leading business capabilities and computational sciences through proprietary, commercial-grade software. Seeking a passionate, self-starting team member who will challenge the status quo and always be willing to learn and contribute in new ways. The Full Stack Web Developer will engage in active collaboration with internal stakeholders and other developers to deliver software solutions to the company's Upstream business lines. In this role, you will participate in all aspects of application development including work planning, requirements gathering, development, testing, deployment, and ongoing support. Additional duties include:
- Collaborate with engineers, geoscientists, data managers, and other software developers to define, build, and deliver solutions to our most challenging upstream business problems.
- Architect, implement, deploy, and support cloud-ready and cloud-native web-based applications.
- Continue to learn and share software industry best practices with team members
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with software developers and domain experts.
- Strong grasp of software engineering best practices for code quality and maintability such as OOAD, SOLID principles, and automated testing
- Minimum of five years of experience developing, deploying, and supporting web-based applications including frontend, business logic, and data layers.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: C#/.NET (preferred), Java, Python.
- Experience with modern web frameworks/libraries such as Angular, React, ASP .NET MVC.
- Good grasp of the REST architectural style and experience implementing REST APIs using ASP.NET Web API (preferred), Node.js, or Flask.
- Experience building data models and data access layers against either SQL or NoSQL databases
- Experience building, deploying, and supporting applications on Cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure (preferred), AWS, or GCP.
- Prior work experience in the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Prior work experience with large scale data management systems.
- Experience working on teams following Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience participating in the user centered design process.