Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: .NET Developer
Location: Hartford, CT
Term: 12 months
Our client is seeking a .NET Developer to join our team for a long-term contract opportunity. You will provide technical support to our initiatives, where you will create, maintain, and test code, along with designing both portal front and back-ends, develop reports for the programmatic team, as well as work with stakeholders to ingest data. You will incorporate business logic into back-end programming along with quality improvements, using various models and methods to measure and analyze healthcare related data. You will lead in assessing current technologies and develop a plan to enhance current applications and technologies being utilized.
- Provides development expertise and supports the infrastructure (.NET Applications, MS-SQL databases and Windows Servers) for all applications focusing on Health Services Planning Unit (HSP) applications.
- Design, develop, test and implement enterprise strength C#/.Net Web applications and database queries.
- Modifications and enhancements for HSP web applications including developing new and maintaining ETLs for import and export functions for in-state and business partners.
- Coordinate with business partners to support the maintenance of existing applications, deployment of product upgrades and database changes, back-ups and restores, and support of uptake of data from business partners.
- Develop and implement enhancements to applications and/or expanding interfaces, improving data integrity and validation, de-duplication through appropriate software development
- Apply User Interface (UI) implementation and mobile styling.
- Conduct an IT assessment by reviewing critical technology areas, evaluate on best practices, develop and implement recommendations.
- Participate in business requirement discussions, identify system impacts and design solutions.
- Establish/enhanced template, Guideline, checklists and standards for project and team.
- Code independently; Implement the best practices in coding and design.
- Create and consume RESTful APIs securely and efficiently.
- Develop applications, APIs, and associated life cycle deliverables using the Agile SDLC.
- Participate effectively as a team member using an efficient self-paced approach.
- Stay current with technology changes and integrate software and hardware where applicable and when appropriate.
- SQL Server experience writing SQL queries, Views, Stored Procedures, SSRS and SSIS.
- Minimum of five (5) years of development experience in C#/.Net , object-oriented programming and the MVC architecture pattern
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and training and a minimum of seven years of related experience.
- Experience building and/or interacting with web services including RESTful and SOAP.
- Experience with TFS, Entity Framework, LINQ
- Experience with Custom Controls like Telerik or similar controls.
- Experience designing and modifying custom reports utilizing SSRS as well as exporting and formatting reports in excel.
- Experience integrating secure payment methods, including PayPal.
- Demonstrated ability in software development in a team environment, using source control packages such as GitHub, SVN, TFS.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented programming.
- Ability to proactively identify technical issues and risks and develop alternative techniques and/or solutions.
- Ability to work independently as well as with team members, collaboratively utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills, teaching skills, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Awareness and adherence to security policies and guidelines in the project.
- Follow HIPAA and PHI data security guidelines.
- Production Support and Incident Management.
- Experience with SQL Server Database 2012 with extensive database programing knowledge in T-SQL as well as FileZilla
- Experience delivering technology-based solutions following Agile/SCRUM SDLC.
- Experience building client-facing and publicly-deployed web applications including UX/UI development and design.
- Experience building secure applications and knowledge of options for authentication, authorization, encryption, and other security considerations.
- Experience with Azure cloud platform.
- Experience integrating with Tableau or other data visualization/analysis tools
- Extensive database experience including Relational DBMS, NoSQL and big data technologies such as Hadoop and Hive
- Understanding of various healthcare formats and reference data sets, such as, HL7, claims, eCQMs, drug/pharmacy, clinical notes, lab result.
Apply to MATRIX today!