In this role as a Mid-Senior level .Net Developer, you will work on a team that delivers industry-leading business capabilities through proprietary, commercial-grade software. Seeking a passionate, self-starting team member who will challenge the status quo and always be willing to learn and contribute in new ways. As a Full Stack Web Developer, you will provide active collaboration with internal stakeholders and other developers to deliver software solutions to Upstream business lines. In this role, you will also participate in all aspects of application development including work planning, requirements gathering, development, testing, deployment, and ongoing support. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborate with engineers, geoscientists, data managers, and other software developers to define, build, and deliver solutions to our most challenging upstream business problems.
- Architect, implement, deploy, and support cloud-ready and cloud-native web-based applications.
- Continue to learn and share software industry best practices with team members
- Proficiency in C#/.NET
- Experience with ASP .NET MVC and either Angular or React is a plus
- Good grasp of the REST architectural style and experience implementing REST APIs using ASP.NET Web API (preferred), Node.js, or Flask
- Experience building data models and data access layers against either SQL or NoSQL databases
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with software developers and domain experts
- Strong grasp of software engineering best practices for code quality and maintainability such as OOAD, SOLID principles, and automated testing
- Minimum of five years of experience developing, deploying, and supporting web-based applications including frontend, business logic, and data layers
- Experience building, deploying, and supporting applications on premise (Windows Server, IIS) and on Cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure (preferred), AWS, or GCP)
- Prior work experience in the upstream oil and gas industry
- Prior work experience with large scale data management systems
- Experience working on teams following Agile software development methodologies
- Experience participating in the user centered design process