Seeking a Dispatcher with high call volume experience to work in the St. Louis operation. In this position you will be responsible for dispatching emergency and non-emergency orders to operations personnel in a prompt and efficient manner. Shift hours are fluid but currently targeting 7:30am - 3;30pm and/or 3:30p -11:30p and every other weekend as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and respond to a variety of emergency and non-emergency calls in such a way to facilitate the shortest possible response time.
- Provide gas safe policy instructions on emergency calls.
- Monitor and operate a virtual phone application.
- Ask vital questions to gain a clear understanding of the caller’s situation as to resolve the issue, provide information and dispatcher emergency services.
- Utilize effective written and verbal communication skills to relay pertinent information to emergency services by way of phone and special instructions on field activities.
- Notify various operations departments of specific situations in accordance with a Central Dispatching Notification schedule.
- Develop and maintain cooperative and professional relationships with fellow employees, representatives from other departments and Supervisors.
- Work spike meter reading report.
- Use sound judgment and decision-making skills to evaluate situations, establish priorities, and obtain efficient, safe and quality resolutions.
- All other duties as assigned
Essential Characteristics and Competencies
- Ability to lead by example in support of the Company’s essential characteristics and values: strong ethics and integrity, dedication to a safe work environment, commitment to a diverse workforce that recognizes and respects every individual’s unique skills and perspectives
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a fast-moving and changing culture
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build and establish rapport with a diverse array of people
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively in order to meet individual goals and deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and display a positive attitude for this dynamic environment
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and operate as a team player to meet shared goals.
Required Education: (may include certifications, licenses and registrations)
- High school diploma/GED
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Required knowledge, skill and abilities:
- High call volume experience
- Previous dispatching experience preferred
- Experience with Viryanet ServiceHub or G4 preferred
- Experience with CC&B preferred
Physical demands, work environment and work schedule:
- Normal Office Work Environment with varied work hours including rotating weekend hours
This contract to permanent position comes with a full suite of benefits. The position is downtown so parking is not free and you will have to walk a ways to the office.