Title: Disability Representative
Location: Chicago, IL 60604
Term: 3 Months Contract
- Analyzes, approves and authorizes assigned claims and determines benefits due pursuant to a disability plan.
- Determines benefits due, makes timely claims payments and adjustments for workers compensation, Social Security Disability Income (SSDI), and other disability offsets.
- Medically manages disability claims ensuring compliance with duration control guidelines and plan provisions.
- Communicates clearly with claimant and client on all aspects of claims process either by phone and/or written correspondence.
- Informs claimants of documentation required to process claims, required time frames, payment information and claims status either by phone, written correspondence and/or claims system.
- Coordinates investigative efforts ensuring appropriateness
- Provides thorough review of contested claims.
- Evaluates and arranges appropriate referral of claims to outside vendors for surveillance, independent medical evaluation, functional capability evaluation, and/or related disability activities.
- Refers cases as appropriate to supervisor and management.
- Negotiates settlement of claims up to designated authority level.
- Maintains professional client relationships.
Experience and Education:
- 2 years benefits or disability claims management experience or successful completion of Disability Representative training required
- Knowledge of ERISA regulations, required offsets and deductions, disability duration and medical management practices and Social Security application procedures
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
- Baccalaureate from an accredited university or college preferred
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!