Our client is seeking a Director, Program Management for a direct hire and remote position.
The Director, PMO will be responsible for leading and managing large, complex, cross functional programs and projects leveraging Program/Project Management, Agile & Scrum methodology best practices across the Platform organization portfolio.
Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Company's Key Results:
- Create a positive team experience and working environment
- Design and development of Program/Project Management and Scrum standards utilized through the Platform Operating System.
- Develops and provides education and coaching to elevate program/project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to meet project requirements.
- Escalates and manages program/project issues and risks to the appropriate stakeholders with clarity, timeliness, and professionalism
- Partners with platform organization cross-functional stakeholders and team members to effectively prioritize, plan and organize the completion of program/project milestones and work.
- Tracks progress and provides timely status reporting of milestones, dependencies, risks and issues to initiative owners, key stakeholders, and leadership
- Designs and delivers effective Change Management plans to effectively communicate and educate end users.
- Proactively evaluates business processes to identify and execute improvements leading to quantifiable savings to the Platform Organization
- Oversee all scoping, planning, execution and managing activities to ensure on-time delivery, within budget and meets or exceeds expectations
- Drives the development and improvement of Program/project management and scrum processes, best practices, templates/tools and training
- Develops appropriate training and communication plans/content to support Platform Organization Program/Project Management and Scrum activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with ten to fifteen years industry experience as a program or project manager, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex solutions, systems, or services
- Six years of leadership/management experience
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employee groups, management at all levels of the Organization.
- Finance knowledge and/or Finance project deployment experience preferred
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft® Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
Essential Skills Required:
- Demonstrates senior executive engagement and influencing skills
- Demonstrates ability to work on cross-functional projects with tight deadlines
- Manages multiple concurrent projects in a cross-functional organization and excels in a dynamic and collaborative environment supporting high-growth and fast-paced business units
- Ability to coach teams to quickly identify core issues and determine solutions while creating structure around ambiguity
- Strong drive for results and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated experience with Program/Project Management and Agile/Scrum Methodology
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Certificates and Licenses:
- PMP Certification (preferred)
- Six Sigma Green Belt (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license (required).
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Occasional long periods of standing.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees and vendors both in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Independent travel requirement: up to 25%.