Role: Director of Solutions Engineering
Location: San Francisco, CA
Direct Hire position
Our rapidly scaling DaaS client is seeking a Director of Technical Solutions. This role will manage the expanding solutions engineering and business value team globally. You are a talented and self-motivated leader who leads from the front, at the same high level that you expect from your team.
You will have past experience managing and scaling a solutions engineering team and prior experience in either revenue management or forecasting platforms. You will be at ease managing feedback and other information between sales leadership, the broader go to market team and your team to ensure maximized output and technical wins.You will work closely with our Marketing, Product, and Go To Market teams as the voice of the field for trends and to capture shifting market needs. You will coach and guide team members to ensure we are successfully meeting use case and persona requirements, building our prescriptive technical strategy, winning evaluations that transition to customer deployments, and expanding usage of the platform.
- Build and lead a team of sales engineers who serve as our core product introduction, evaluation and education experts
- Partner with sales leadership and cross functional dotted line resources to achieve global and regional revenue and growth targets
- Provide guidance to revenue leaders on sales strategy, product obstacles/gaps and represent the team’s needs to executive staff
- Interpret complex problems, create simple solutions and collaborate closely with prospects, external partners and our sales team to deliver winning solutions
- Collaborate and maintain a close working relationship with product, engineering, sales, marketing and customer success
- Play an active role in sourcing and screening potential candidates and managing the entire interview process
- Act as a player/coach working with your team on and delivering compelling presentations to customers and prospects
- Innovate and implement training and coaching strategies that will uplevel your teams skills
- Build and manage the technical relationships with partners - GSI and Integration
- Provide oversight, guidance, and assistance during the partners sales process to ensure mutual success
- Lead technical discussions with partners on the value we can provide to their clients
- Strong command of forecasting platforms (financial, supply chain, labor)
- Experience building, managing and developing a talented team
- Capable of navigating discussions on cloud data warehouse platforms (Redshift, BigQuery, Azure Synapse)
- Capable with visualization platforms (Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik)
- Experience in Python (and/or other programming languages)
- Able to think creatively about a wide variety of challenges and solve problems you're going to find new things every day!
- Experience using RESTful APIs
- Ability to explain complex concepts in an easy to understand manner.
- A people oriented person. Someone who loves interpersonal interactions, debates and real time problem solving
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Familiarity in MEDDPICC opportunity qualification framework
- Working knowledge of Postman and Postman Collections or other API tools.
- Experience with code versioning tools is a plus (Git preferred).