Responsible for defining and leading the overall operational effectiveness of the Planning and Warehouse functions within the Trenton organization. Work collaboratively with Purchasing and Operations to ensure Work order and Shipping On-time KPIs are met. Success is tied to being able to effectively communicate at all levels; informally and formally, while leading change within the organization and identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for the strategic direction and implementation for both the Planning and Warehouse departments
- Liaison between sales, customer service, demand planning, local planning and warehouse teams.
- Work with Planning and Demand Planning to create a production schedule flow that achieves 95% “A” Stocking level and follows the 80/20 philosophy
- Point person during storm season to coordinate Trenton’s responses
- Responsible of the Shipping, Receiving, material movement and cycle count program.
- Work with the Local Shipping team and Distribution Center to achieve 95% on-time to customer.
- Coach team members to grow and understand the 80/20 philosophy and strategic direction.
- Work with Local Senior leadership on the overall plant objectives and Hoshin.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have the experience and ability to effectively communicate to Senior Management
- Possess proven ability to identify, strategize and execute business process improvements.
- Have in-depth knowledge of all functions of the organization. This position requires at least five years’ experience in Senior Manufacturing Leadership.
- Have a proven ability to influence others and lead change.
- Lead a management-level department.
- English is required.
- Ability to read, analyses, and interpret data.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, customer service, members of the business, employees, or managers.
- Ability to present information to employees, management, and senior management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to defend own perspective and support it with facts.
- Ability to deal with problem solving in high stress situations.
- Detail oriented with multi-tasking abilities.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Management or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Production Control and Inventory management, including Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP), CRP, Manufacturing processes, Bills of Materials, Routings,
- Personal computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel)
- JDE experience preferred