Job Title: Director of IT Applications
Reports to: VP of IT
Location: Venice, FL
Type of Position: Full-Time, No additional pay for Overtime
Salary Range: $120k
Travel: At least 20% (will be remote in Dallas, TX)
The Company Director of IT Applications leads, designs, implements, and manages the following key IT functions for the Company IT Applications:
This position requires 20% travel to the corporate offices and practice sites, team leadership, skilled technical expertise with healthcare applications (practice management, electronic medical records, clinical device applications, etc.) as well as budgeting experience.
Specifically, this position: 1) supports and implements the overall IT Applications multi-year strategy in alignment with the IT Vision/Mission and Company Vision/Goals, 2) supports, organizes and leads the annual goals, initiatives, projects, and budgeting (capital and expense) for the IT Applications team to deliver high performance, availability and security for the IT applications, 3) leads the Company Applications using available automation, monitoring, tools, software, documentation, and industry standard metrics, 4) leverages, manages, and innovates with vendor and other 3rd party relationships, licensing, and contracts to implement efficient and cost effective people, process, information, and technology solutions in the areas below, 5) leads external client relations for ongoing support, 6) directs and approves all IT quotes/purchases with multiple vendors, 7) serves as a portfolio and project lead for the IT Applications projects, and 8) leads a multi-person team (internal and vendor resources).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (other duties as required):
- Design, Create and Lead the people, processes, information and technology for the Company Application teams that:
- Solve remote and onsite/field tech application issues and requests.
- Able to troubleshoot and figure out complex application problems independently as the primary application resource for Company IT
- Perform support using an IT Ticketing system, IT standard support processes and personal IT key performance indicators (KPIs). These KPIs include but are not limited to: Customer Satisfaction, Resolution Time, Knowledge Base Article Proficiency, etc.
- Perform troubleshooting support with various software providers/vendors.
- Install and replace applications in all locations.
- Create and maintain client application documentation.
- Perform proactive monitoring and maintenance for all technology software
- Assist new hires with application set up and provide basic training when needed.
- Manages additions and deletions of users to Company Applications; assigns and updates security permissions as evidenced by the hiring of new employees.
- Support/Participate in IT Transition projects to move newly acquired practices to IT Standard Technologies. This may require overnight travel.
- Ability to work evenings/weekends as required for support, projects and maintenance
- Special projects as assigned.
- Adherence to applicable laws, regulations and contractual obligations. Follows the principles of the Compliance Program as well as the Company (USE) Code of Conduct.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to rapidly learn new and multifaceted technologies
- Knowledgeable in healthcare application technologies
- Able to multi-task and lead individuals and teams to resolve multiple problems simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Technical Qualifications
- Healthcare Application usage and understanding
- Healthcare Data usage and understanding
- Healthcare Application interface usage and understanding
- Research, define, manage, and monitor capital and expense budget/actuals related to applications and all associated costs including 3rd party professional services. This includes the responsibility for quoting, pricing and procuring IT applications.
- Regularly communicate and present relevant information to company senior management
- Set goals for department, staff, and 3rd party resources
- Training and professional development of team members
- Assist and coordinate issues with the appropriate IT team and management members
- Provide departmental goals and objectives for yearly performance reviews
- Strong Customer Service Skills (verbal, physical and written); especially when working with End User issues.
- Strong self-organizational skills.
- Great Communication skills leading multiple items and multiple teams, vendors, etc. across multiple sites.
- Demonstrated ability and the expectation to learn how to resolve new software issues and requests quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and type with quality and speed and perform mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to engage with all levels of technical understanding and deal with various stressful situations while maintaining a professional demeanor. Will work on everything from simple tasks to complex projects requiring high-level thinking and solutions.
- Must be able to maintain high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and manage time accordingly in order to meet deadlines and requirements of the organization.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a team environment.
- Have a coachable mentality and the ability to coach others.
- Have a passion for technology with an eagerness to learn every day.
- This position will lead the IT Applications Team. Here are the expectations for a Leadership position at Company:
- Model Company IT core values (Ownership, Thoroughness, Communication & Closure)
- Embrace Company IT’s culture including: maintain an open-door policy of approachability, share information and cascade information from the senior leadership team
- Responsible for providing team leadership to a client-focused team ensuring client satisfaction goals are met
- In accordance with organizational goals, provide direction to team on activities and behaviors
- Identify and analyze problems; plans tasks and solutions
- Represent team and present team suggestions and recommendations on processes and procedures in accordance with organization cost, quality, and productivity goals
- Recommend changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Recognize team on accomplishments and achievement
- Performance staff evaluations, training, work allocations and problem resolution
- Participate in the development of strategic goals and objectives; recommend, implement, and administer methods and procedures for client sales/growth
- Mentor and motivate team members to enhance skill level as part of the management succession program
- Coach and motivate direct reports and provide feedback to ensure performance objectives are being met
- Communicate and meet deadlines effectively and negotiate new dates when necessary
- Act timely on information to ensure your team and peers have what they need to move initiatives forward – don’t be a bottleneck
- Maintain confidences required of senior leaders at Company
- The work characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Fast-paced, deadline oriented, confidential department.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Demonstrated ability to do excessive walking, standing, bending and stooping.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or control, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, kneel and crouch.
- The employee may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (50-90 pounds).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK: This is a full-time salaried position. USE IT Support Coverage ranges Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm EST. IT Salaried staff may be required to work beyond their set schedule due to business needs and expectations.
- Travel is required. Must have reliable transportation in order to travel to remote locations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on/IT leadership for healthcare applications experience in an enterprise environment
- A bachelor’s degree in computer or information science from an accredited university or equivalent experience with software and hardware support
- A history of safe driving as indicated by a driving record
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Client acquisition and new environment onboarding skills
- Project Management skills preferred
- Healthcare Physician Practice IT Support experience preferred
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.