Director of Engineering
Permanent - 100% remote
Salary: $180K + Bonus + Equity
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors designing and developing new products, enhancements and platform modernization efforts.
- Leads architecture efforts, tech stack decisions and sets the technical roadmap for SaaS solutions.
- Defines and manages the Agile development and release governance processes.
- Leads the DevOps efforts and works with team to define appropriate process and tool set.
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated, and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Communicates project status and escalates issues to direct managers, program managers, and internal and external development partners.
- Manages relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Provides people-care management for assigned team members, including hiring, setting and monitoring of performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that proper knowledge and career development tools are in place to support ongoing team member and process development.
Education and Experience Required:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of related work experience, including 1 - 5 years of people management experience.
- 5+ years of senior development experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Hands-on developer background.
- SOA architecture experience utilizing micro services.
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution.
- Experience building SaaS solutions using a variety of DevOps tools for managing CI/CD.
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage human capital across geographies to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence skills.
- Extensive experience with multiple software applications design tools and languages including .NET. Experience with Elixir is a plus.
- Experience with scalable, high performance, multi-tier, enterprise application development