Director of Software Development
Permanent position located in the North Dallas area
Our client is in search of a hands on leader to lead the Controls software development team that includes system architects, embedded software developers, and mobile application developers. Duties will include:
- Partnering with the product management teams on the efficient use of controls in future multi-generation product lines and technology roadmaps.
- Assist in development and design of future control architects and advanced algorithms.
- Develop system architecture capabilities.
- Drive future product plans toward innovation and developing controls that are easy install, configure and use while maintaining flexibility for expansion.
- Designing software components for current projects.
- Improving software development processes to improve overall product deliverable efficiency.
- Create and help execute a long-term strategy to standardize hardware and software platforms across the enterprise.
At least 15 years managing product development.
A proven track record in product development is required.
Direct responsibility for the system architecture of embedded controls and algorithms.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Ability to work with diverse functional groups as well as with third parties at their work site.
Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering