Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Come work for an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services on an overall mission to heal, discover and educate for longer, healthier lives.
Position: Director, Data Technology
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Term: 3 months
The Director of Data Technology will provide leadership for the vision, planning, development, implementation, and support of Data Technology teams, processes, services and solutions. This function plays a critical role for the client's success and to provides business value as we transform to being data-driven and digitally-enabled as an organization. The director is responsible for comprehensively understanding associated solutions necessary to enable and support the various data management capabilities across the enterprise. The director will work in close partnership with internal IT stakeholders (architecture, applications, analytics, technical operations), business partners (operations, clinical or shared services), and external partners (vendors, academic or others) to accomplish its service delivery.
Key accountabilities including driving improved service levels and processes, as well as team competencies and business capabilities of the Data Technology team.
This leader will be responsible for various forms of data technology, including batch and real-time interfaces and enterprise integration engines, extract/transform/load (ETL) technology, web services including REST and SOAP oriented protocols, enterprise service bus (ESB) integration, master data management, data warehousing, analytic / visualization platforms, data archival platforms, and various proprietary healthcare data technology protocols and solutions. This position requires an advanced understanding of the healthcare industry and technologies used to support this area, including the Epic EHR and various on premise and cloud-oriented shared business solutions, as well as a proficient understanding of various data containers (universes, warehouses, marts, lakes, cubes, etc.) and how to effectively integrate information into and out of these solutions via data ingestion methods, endpoint management, and partnering with front-end development teams on the get, put, and posting of data. Additionally, this function through master data management and technical data governance will partner closely with data governance and data stewards in the business.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, Healthcare or related field or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
- 8+ years of previous related healthcare IT experience and a strong understanding of data integration technologies and how to apply them.
- 5+ years of experience managing enterprise software development teams.
- 5+ years of experience working with clinical data, preferably with the integration of EHR data.
- 5+ years of directly mentoring and managing of others, including managing leaders of others
- Knowledge of clinical data integration for Healthcare management, data integration for Financial and Supply Chain Management, Human Capital Management data, RESTful and SOAP oriented web service development, ETL technology (SSIS, Data Stage, Informatica, etc.), interface protocol models (HL7, X12), EDI standards, ESB (MuleSoft) knowledge.
- Experience with database management, data warehousing, SQL, master data management, and data modeling.
- Experience with business intelligence, analytics, and data visualization platforms.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders from senior leaders to engineers, and present to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Results-oriented with strong coaching, decision making, influencing, mentoring, negotiation, problem-solving and situational analysis skills.
- Think innovatively and strategically, keeping in mind organizational goals and objectives.
- Possess strong analytical thinking skills, ability to deconstruct complex problems and define and implement solutions
- Master’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Healthcare or equivalent.
- 10+ years of industry experience
- 5+ years’ experience designing and building analytics solutions across multiple cloud vendors including leveraging open source ecosystem
- Experience working with offshore strategic partners
- Experience with web services integration and development.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, efficiently works under pressures, within deadlines or other time essential constraints.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence and other productivity tools
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Lean IT Management Certification
- Agile & Scrum Certification
- PMP Certification