Are you a Director of Cloud Engineering with a background in Full Stack .NET development (or at least back end .NET)? Do you get excited working within the AWS platform? Are you extremely collaborative and enjoy working with your teammates to impact positive change? Are you looking for your next long term career opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
Title: Director Cloud Engineering
Are you passionate about creating cloud-native applications (end to end) that serve a real purpose? Are you looking for an environment where you can be hands-on with both backend and frontend engineering? Where you won’t be limited to coding in one language, developing only for web, or only for mobile, and won’t be pigeonholed to internal-only applications? Do you enjoy making existing products run smoother AND bringing brand new solutions to life? You'll be surrounded by team members who share your same passion, celebrate each other’s wins, and have fun succeeding together.
This position will be based out of Naperville, IL and expected to be onsite when necessary but may work remotely when not needed in-person.
As a Director of Cloud Engineering, you will have a hand in every step of our cloud-native and distributed architecture. This role provides the opportunity to enhance any aspect of our existing applications and architect brand new products from end to end. This is a collaborative environment where you will be engaged with the VP of Product Engineering, and various tech managers, leads and engineers. You will be looked to as an engineering mentor and key influencer in technological direction that have direct, positive benefits to the business.
Primary Job Duties
- Manage the application-side of KeHE’s cloud strategy and engineering-specific projects
- Stay abreast of new technology trends and introduce them into the KeHE engineering culture
- Understand and support the business strategies to find complementary technology patterns and strategies
- Ensure continuity and follow through on agreed upon architectures throughout the engineering teams
- Further define cloud standards and engineering practices
- Drive POC’s from technology spike and research through adoption and understanding by all team members
- Manage an architecture and engineering roadmap
- Mentor engineering team members
- Effectively communicate architecture strategy & design to senior leaders and engineering/product team members
Major projects include (but not limited to)
- A B2B ecommerce platform for retailers of the food industry
- A B2B digital platform for suppliers of the food industry
- A top-tier virtual marketing show experience built entirely online
- Charity hackathons and contributions to "Make Lives Better"
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude:
What you bring:
- Proven track record of previous Director of Engineering / Cloud Architect / Principal Engineer / DEVELOPMENT or similar role responsibilities
- Deep understanding of distributed, fault tolerant architecture and microservices
- Experience using queue-based architectures and domain driven design
- Hands on experience in implementation of AWS native services i.e. S3, Lambda, SQS, SNS, RDS, Postgres(RDS), DynamoDB, Aurora DB, API gateway, Cloud Watch, X-ray etc.
- Relational database experience with data modeling, reporting, query optimization, indexing
- Non-relational database experience using DynamoDB
- Solid programming experience using C# with .NET Core / .NET Framework
- Experience in working on modern web technologies such as Angular, Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS3, React
- Experience within scrum teams and familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Experience with DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and automated deployment
- Experience in modernization of legacy applications to modern applications